WIC Eligibility Guidelines
To be eligible you must meet a least one of the following:
- Be pregnant
- Postpartum up to six months after delivery
- Breastfeeding up to one year
- Have an infant up to one year
- Have a child up to five years old
In order to qualify you must:
- Meet income guidelines.
- Have a nutritional or medically related health risk
- Live in NC
WIC Income Guidelines Effective July 1, 2017
How Do I Apply?
Call or come by the Jackson County Department of Public Health WIC office and bring one of each of the following
- Proof of Identification for participant and caregiver
- Examples: Medicaid card, Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, Work or School ID, Shot Record, Bill with name less than 60 days old, Division of Motor ID.
- Proof of Residence
- Examples: Medicaid card less than 60 days olds, or recent Water, Electric, Cable, Gas, or Telephone Bill Less than 60 days old, or current Rental or Mortgage Agreement, Driver’s License, Bank Statement, or Pay Check Stub.
- Proof of Income
- Examples: Medicaid Card less than 30 days old, or Letter of Food Stamp Eligibility, Recent paycheck Stub less than 30 days old. Written proof of all money that comes into the house (SS, SSI, Disability, Child Support, etc.)