Request or Complaint

Environmental Health staff investigate complaints received from the public alleging sanitation deficiencies and foodborne illnesses associated with dining at permitted facilities in Jackson County. 

Please note that all information received by this office, except for reports containing medical information, are public records and can be reviewed by anyone making a request to review the record.

You can submit your request or complaint by:

  • Calling in your request/complaint to 828-587-8250 during normal office hours
  • Mailing your request/complaint to the address listed at the bottom of the webpage
  • Submitting your request/complaint here

Please note that Environmental Health does not have the authority and does not investigate bed bug or mold complaints and apartments or rental homes.  Residents can receive assistance by calling...