PUBLIC POOLS AND TATTOOS
If you own or operate a public swimming pool in Jackson County, there are several things you should know before you can open your pool for public use:
- All public swimming pool operators must be certified by Jackson County and their the National Swimming Pool Foundation or the American Swimming Pool and Spa Association.
- Familiarize yourself with the State rules around operating a swimming pool.
- Be sure to pay your swimming pool fees each year. Fees can be found here.
Online health inspections are available soon after the inspection is completed. Check the current sanitation of any public swimming pool before swimming in the pool.
Ensuring proper sanitation and bloodborne precaution practices at tattoo establishments is important for public health. Tattoo establishments are inspected once a year or more often if there are complaints. There are several things you should know before you open a tattoo establishment:
- Familiarize yourself with the State rules around tattoo establishments
- Know that tattoo permits are issued to the artists at a particular establishment. If a tattoo artist moves to a different location, a new permit is needed for that location.
- Tattoo establishments are not allowed in residences.
- Be sure to pay your tattoo establishment fee each year. Fees can be found here.
Online health inspections are available soon after the inspection is completed. Check the current sanitation of your tattoo artist before you get a tattoo.
Questions? Contact Jackson County Environmental Health at 828-587-8250 or -8253.