Are you BUYING AN EXISTING FACILITY?
When purchasing an existing facility, the new owner must obtain a food service permit, as the permit does not transfer with the establishment between people or locations. The new owner must obtain a food service permit from the Jackson County Environmental Health before operating.
Are you BUILDING OR REMODELING A FACILITY?
Whether you are building a new facility or remodeling an existing one, Environmental Health staff will need to review all facility plans for approval prior to construction. Environmental Health staff will review the plans simultaneously with the Permitting & Code Enforcement.
To obtain a Food Service Permit, complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the Food Establishment Plan Review Application.
- Submit the completed floor plan indicating the location of food service equipment.
- Submit equipment listing with equipment specification sheets corresponding to the floor plan.
- Submit the food service menu.
- Submit the sit plan indicating the location of dumpsters, recycling, can wash, and grease storage.
All plans must be fully approved by Environmental Health before a county or city building permit can be issued.
All chain or franchise facilities must have approval from NCDHHS, Division of Environmental Health, Facility Plan Review Unit (919-707-5854) prior to construction.
Once all necessary information has been submitted, the Environmental Health preliminary plan review process will be complete within 30 days of application submittal.
For more information about Plan Review, contact Geraldine Riouff, FLI Program Coordinator, at 828-587-8276 or email@example.com.