public health Preparedness
Public health preparedness refers to the community's ability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from a public health emergency. Our agency is dedicated to strengthening our abilities to protect the public health in disaster situations such as disease epidemics, chemical and radiological releases, severe weather, and natural disasters.
- Jackson County Emergency Management
- Jackson County Fire Marshal
- Harris Regional Hospital
- Harris Regional EMS
- Local law enforcement
- Local fire departments
- Local nursing homes
- Jackson County Department of Social Services
- Jackson County Public Schools
- Western Carolina University
- Western Regional Public Health Preparedness & Response
- Vaya Health
Is your family prepared for a tornado, hurricane, flood, or other disaster?
Here is what you will need to make your own emergency supply kit.
- Jackson County Department of Public Health's Preparedness Plans
- Ready.gov: Downloadable plan to make sure you are ready in advanced
- FEMA: Federal Emergency Management Agency
- CDC: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- When the Sky Turns Grey: Animated video about winter storm preparedness
For additional information, call 828-587-8288.