Is your family prepared for a tornado, hurricane, flood, or other disaster?
Here is what you will need to make your own emergency supply kit.
Make a Plan
Disasters rarely strike on your schedule so it is important to have a plan in advanced. Your plan should include things like:
- Where are the safe places to seek shelter in your home?
- How will you contact your family, friends, and neighbors?
- What should you do in various disaster situations (Hurricane, tornado, fire, disease outbreak, etc.)?
- Ready.gov: Downloadable plan to make sure you are ready in advanced
- FEMA: Federal Emergency Management Agency
- CDC: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- When the Sky Turns Grey: Animated video about winter storm preparedness
For appointments or additional information, call 828-587-8250.